1. Fruit & Vegetables - I have a drawer full of fresh fruit and vegetables.
2. Organic Spring Mix or Artisan Lettuce - I eat salad almost every day for lunch and there is always a huge Costco tub of lettuce in my fridge!
3. Spa Water - I have been trying to drink more water. I keep a big pitcher in the fridge with lemons and limes and cucumbers in it to keep me inspired to drink it! It works!
4. Cheese - I love cheese. Cheese is my weakness. Cheese makes me weak in the knees. You will usually find several varieties of cheese in my fridge, ALWAYS, always a block of Parmesan, usually goat and feta and Monterey Jack and quite often some other cheese that whispered my name as I walked by it at the grocery store.
5. Milk - My friends say my fridge looks like a dairy case. I buy organic 1% milk at Costco for the girls, Skim milk for me and Half n Half for Jason's coffee.
6. Organic, free range eggs - My youngest daughter and I don't eat meat, so we get protein from other sources, like eggs. Quite often there is a bowl of hard boiled eggs in there, great quick little snack especially around 3pm when you feel sluggish--protein works better than caffeine or energy drinks!
7. Nuts - Since Piper and I don't eat meat nuts are another source of protein for us. I buy almonds and hazelnuts, pecans and pistachios in bulk. We keep them in the fridge because it's the oils in nuts can go rancid quickly.
8. Acidophilus - We usually have yogurt, but if I have not been to the store in a while we may not...even so, when we get bellyaches, we always reach for the Acidophilus.
9. Whole Grain Bread - I keep bread in the fridge because it seems to get moldy fast if I don't. My mom always kept bread in the freezer, but sometimes it gets freezer-burned, so we keep it in the fridge.
10. The weirdest thing in my fridge is lipstick!Yes, you read that right, I have lipstick in my fridge. It is the lipstick I wore on my wedding day almost 17 years ago, it has survived 5 moves in two states and it is in my fridge. Yes, I can still buy the color but for some odd reason that tube is really special to me. I don't know if it really makes a difference or not, but I feel keeping it in the fridge helps preserve it.